Thursday, September 8, 2011

have you missed me?

It's been two months to the day since my last post. I don't know. It's funky having this community that you love but that you recognize as a part of your sick self. And I never want to be unsupportive of all the beautiful ladies here, but sometimes I do drop the ball when I'm feeling particularly ashamed of myself. Since Juy I got a job, shaved part of my head, am in the process of moving out of my parents' house.
deleted


I work at a wine and cheese shop guys. On paper, it's hard for me to imagine a worse place. I literally stand around all day and give people samples of cheese and charcuterie. I get free drinks (normally to me, non-alcoholic drinks are DEATH*. I run screaming. They terrify me). But actually, the shop has a lot of dry soda, a kind of pop with amazing flavors that are pretty low calorie and not sickeningly sweet. I usually have blood orange, cucumber, or rhubarb. And working with cheese I think is actually making me lose weight. For one thing, I never crave cheese at home. For another, cheese really stifles my appetite. I have a few bites during the morning with the samples I give out, and I almost never want lunch. Occasionally I'll have an orange, or a slice of peach from the market, but I'm just not hungry.



Oh yeah, the market. I work under the Pike Place Market. It's fantastic. Sure, there are a lot of tourists, but it's also an incredibly vibrant environment of street performers, freaks, and fresh produce. I adore it. And I get to play dress-up all day because the shop is slightly classy, so I have two new pencil skirts :D.



Speaking of which- tailoring. Has anyone done it? I have a lot of clothes, I collect them like mad, but I very rarely buy them, and even more rarely buy them new. That means a lot of clothes that are great, but fit slightly funny. Suit jackets, skirts, button-downs etc. that could all look great if they were just slightly more fitted. I think it's going to be my gift to myself for some milestone... one month at work? My first raise? Moving out of the house? But I have no idea the expense or the magic they can work. We'll see!

Okay this is a silly long post without much content, because I haven't written in forEVER but I promise I'll get back into the swing of things pretty soon here.

x's and o's

Adrian

*except coffee. Duh.

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new job and badass hair. Have you tried the lavender Dry Soda flavor? It's my favorite next to rhubarb. I've never paid for tailoring but sometimes get alterations or sewing repairs done at a Vietnamese family-owned dry cleaning business, which was reasonably priced.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, I missed you! I'm glad you're doing well. Congrats on the job. Your hair cut looks edgy yet subtle, I like it a lot! Never had tailoring done, but I'm sure you can find a small dry cleaners that will do it for cheap. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats on the new job.

    Those dry sodas sound awesome - wish I could try them :)

    My grandmother does my tailorign so it's free for me.

    And yeah I find the more exposure I have to food, the less I want it. (sometimes)

    ReplyDelete