I'd like to say good morning, but I just looked at the clock and it's already 12:30. Eep! where did this morning go? I woke up and went for a jog, that's where. Oh man, I was jogging along the rail road tracks thinking, 'I really hope a train doesn't hit me' and I completely took the wrong fork. I ended up putting an extra half hour on my jog that I hadn't intended looping back around. So that's pretty much a bonus, except the entire jog back was on the side of a highway (no sidewalk) in no shade with no water. TL; DR: wah, wah, I'm a baby. I got home and took a nice long cold shower and now I'm settling into a big glass of water and some internet.
So yesterday exercise: I ran to the gym, did 10 minutes of HIIT and then 40 minutes of weights and ran back. All in all, about an hour and a half of work, because I had to meet a repairman back t my apartment :(. But my friend Beast has been staying over the last couple of days, and since they use a wheel chair, I'm getting the extra workout of carrying them up and down flights of stairs (six in total yesterday). I also made an amazing Chili Verde last night for my friends. Pork shoulder, tomatillos, onions, poblano chilies, jalepeno chilies, yellow bell peppers, cilantro, garlic, chicken broth, and sweet potato. My own recipe, and pretty damn good! had a cucumber and tomato salad on the side to cool off the spicy taste. I basically just cooked it for 3 hours in my new dutch oven :D.
Speaking of which: two days ago, I got a new dutch oven! This really rather sexy professor with whom I've never actually taken a class, told me she heard I like cast iron and she got two dutch ovens for christmas, so would I like one as a graduation present? um. duh.
I also presented my work at a conference which went really well and made me realize how passionate I am about my academic research. Working on one project for so long can make you feel completely stagnant and burnt out, but to present it to a roomful of people who haven't heard anything on the topic mkes you realize just how much work you've done and how important you think it is. So yay! I don't hate my work. That day I also ended up doing a little coke binge with my friends and not eating much. I also didn't exercise except for one stupid thing: hat tricks.
Are any of you the kind of perfectionist/ ambitionist who just can't see a trick without wanting to try it? My friend had a top hat over at my house, and I got obsessed with trying to stand on one foot and flip the hat with my other foot onto my head. I couldn't do it, so I spent about 40 minutes trying straight. I was actually covered in sweat from standing one foot and jumping around trying to catch this hat on my head. So there you go, instant workout. Oh, and I did start to get it at the end, but I was too exhausted to keep going.
So I guess that's all my news, I'll find some lovely pics to post later on in the day.
-Adrian
No comments:
Post a Comment