Sunday, May 8, 2011

mmm brunch made for weight lifting

First of all, thank you to  Kari and Ariana for the lovely comments. I hope wonderful things come after this, and I know I can work to make them happen. I'm interested in grad school, but not for a couple of years. My current pipe dream is to move to San Francisco and teach rock climbing for a while (it's a sport I did for 13 years) and save up some money. Mostly I want to be anchorless, I want to be able to take whatever opportunities peak my interest, whether that's going to Paris to be with Oscar, road tripping around the U.S., biking to Mexico...anything!


But on to today: I had a wonderful breakfast/lunch (I'm actually eating it right now) so I thought I'd share:



Om nom nom nom! so on the left, four strawberries sliced (8), ten black grapes sliced (30), all on a half cup of plain, nonfat yogurt (65) total: 103. But as you can see, if you switched up the fruits or used more strawberries and less grapes, you could shave off probably 20 calories there. It's also 6 grams of protein, yaaay.

On the right, I cut up 1/4 small onion (6) and steamed it with 1/2 cup baby spinach (5), with a little salt, pepper, and lemon zest. Then I threw in two egg whites(43) and a clove of chopped garlic(4). This shit was really tasty. Total: 58. also 6.5 grams of protein.


Oh so good, although now I have four egg yolks (had egg whites for breakfast two days ago) so I'll have to cook up something for the boys tonight.

I really want to get off the weight machines and start doing free weights, but I don't have a gym partner right now (usually, I go with Brian, but he's been playing squash lately instead of weight lifting and isn't picking up his phone) so I'm worried about having bad form and no spotter. I haven't had someone show me how to bench press, for instance, in about ten years. Bah, whatever, enough worrying and whining, I'm going to finish my coffee and hit the gym! It's a beautiful day out, I think after I work out I'm going to jog to the lake and see if it's warm enough to swim :D

Enjoy the spring day, and I promise I will start commenting on y'alls posts late this evening.

-Adrian






abs, muscles, fitness. I have to believe I can make myself both thin and strong, not just thin and sick looking. That last picture is almost perfection, I'd want to be just slightly less bulky. 

1 comment:

  1. Ah fitspo, my favorite. Although, I also don't want to be quite that ripped. At a certain point, I feel like too much muscle = not graceful, but maybe that's just me.

    ReplyDelete