Thursday, June 2, 2011


mmm mmm this morning's workout song is getting me pumped up. 

I got up this morning and went to the gym with my mom. Yay! Ran two miles then ellipticalled another, total of about 600 calories burned- supposedly. I really, really don't trust the elliptical to burn calories accurately, but I was tired and wanted to watch Farscape while I worked out. Actually, I'm still finished up an episode. Man this crap is addicting. And Gigi Edgley has an amazing figure, even if photoshopped:




So that was the morning workout, then I came home and had a cup of homemade corn chowder and a salad of spinach, cucumber, and canadian bacon. I had forgotten the joys of canadian bacon- 5 slices are 60 calories, and chopped up, three slices were almost too much for my salad.

mmm how unappetizing


That said, I feel like it's really time to get serious about putting my money where my mouth is and stop eating factory-farmed meat. I've done it before, and I know it will help me cut down on my meat consumption in general, and the meat that I do eat will be healthier and leaner. Okay, resolution, done.


My other major resolution is to start looking for a job. I need to re-do my resume with my degree on it, and one of my friends down in San Francisco just messaged me with a job application that looks SO perfect. I don't want to go getting my hopes up too high for a job that might not work out, that I haven't even applied to yet, but wow. It pays $47,000 a year, starts in the fall, right in the suburb I wanted, and is completely related to my major. And has full benefits, including helping to reduce my college debt. I mean, jesus. This could be amazing. I've just got to get my ass on it and apply already.

edit: this is from their website...hahaha I guess I won't be applying:

"We are looking for hard working people who believe in free market capitalism. . . . Multi-cultural specialists, ultra liberal zealots, and college-tainted oppression liberators need not apply.
-- teacher recruiting statement"
Other than that, very little is new. I need to drink less (duh) I need more money (duh) I need to be thinner (herp derpity derp).

edit 2:

well, the rest of the day went...okay. I went and worked out on the kinect with my sister--anyone ever tried it? It's pretty hilarious to learn dance moves from it, but she was sweating on the 'easy' level and I didn't get too much of a workout. Still, I'd do it again.

what you see:



what you get:



 After that I didn't do much, ate a bowl of tomato soup for lunch, then made a roast chicken with carrots and parsnips and a side of steamed swiss chard. I had mostly chard, some veggies, and the least chicken, so I feel alright about that, but then I went and had three coronas over at my friend's house and smoked hookah all night. Blach. At least I'm smoking less cigarettes, it's just hard to get a balance of all my disorders. If I'm not eating much, I'm drinking more, or ifI'm smoking less I'm eating more, you know the gig.

Good night my dears, I'll see you in the morning.

-Adrian

No comments:

Post a Comment