Thursday, June 9, 2011


talk about inspiration! Eddie Izzard, probably my favorite british transvestite comedian, ran 44 marathons in 50-some-odd days, with only a few weeks of prior experience. His feet were falling apart, and he just said fuck it and kept going. In fact, he kept going faster. 

Howdy y'all! (hee, can I talk like that since I'm on the rez? everyone out here says howdy)

Well, today was a bit monotonous. I'm impatient to get thin/fit, and I think that's the most dangerous thing for us, you know? Yesterday felt like a success, so today of course I wanted MORE, and when I looked pretty much the same I felt discouraged. But progress, real, lasting progress, is slow. I'm reminded of the quote, "there are no shortcuts to any place worth going". This is walking the line between sanity/control, and disorder/freakout. I saw progress. It's slow. I must continue what I am doing, and not take this as incentive to pig out or fast. I feel like sticking to a routine when you're crying out for change is really fucking hard.

Anyways, I woke up feeling dizzy and a little drunk. Odd, I haven't had a drink in almost a week now. I stumbled to the bathroom and then went back to bed. Awoke an hour later feeling pretty much the same, but had my mug of coffee and made it to the gym. I got my three miles in, but I didn't run the whole thing. I alternated slow jogging (6 mph) and fast walking up a steep hill (4ph). Ended up burning more calories than usual (333), but I think that's just because I spent more time on the stupid treadmill. Also my feet started blistering up around 1/5 miles so I did the rest barefoot. 

By the time I got home I didn't feel so shaky/dizzy and I had a salad of beet greens, asparagus tips, strawberries, cottage cheese, and walnuts with balsamic (236). Then I went and worked on puttying and sanding yet another room (this really has to count as exercise, but I have no way of saying how much) and had a can of V8 (70) for lunch. The rest of the day was just job applications and helping my grandma sort through things she needs to get rid of *sigh* same old same old. Oh and dinner was chicken and dumpling soup, which I had two bowls of (680 was my guess?), but I skipped the dumplings. I also had a dessert of two strawberries sliced with a little whipped cream and 4 almonds (117 was my guess?) 

So I'm netted for the day at 785, which I'm okay with since I did consume more than 1,000 calories. Maybe that can make up for going a little over yesterday. Does anyone count their carbs, proteins, and fats? I usually don't, but I do use MyFitnessPal (p.s. add me (snophish)!) and noticed that I consistently get too much protein. I don't know what problems this could cause, but maybe I'll look it up. 

Okay ENOUGH talk about the calories in and out and yack yack yack already. For all the time we spend choosing our food so carefully and not eating out of turn, I sometimes (always) feel like I spend most of my life just focusing on stupid fucking food. I love good food, but jesus, there is more to life. 

So ladies! PLEASE tell me one goal you have for this summer, just one, that has nothing to do with weight loss. I know we are more than those numbers, and I want to get to know y'all! I'll even start. This summer I want to raise a turkey chick for my family for Thanksgiving, and I want to get a job. How about you?

------
whew, now that that's out of my system lemme go back to one more body moment: 




xoxo
Adrian

1 comment:

  1. My goal is to have an actual conversation with this guy I like.

    ^^^ That felt good. I haven't focused on any non-weight-related goals since the semester ended...

    ReplyDelete