The gig is a pin-up themed drawing night at a bar. There's a live DJ and two models (yours truly and another woman) in themed costumes (this month was candy themed) posing for 2, 5, and 10 minutes while people sketch. There are contests, there was a whip cream food fight, there were free drinks. I only made $20, but I also had two beers and two vodkas, which is certainly worth another $20. Also smoked some hash in the bathroom and did some whip-hits off stage. What a weird little druggie moment, but I was getting up almost naked in front of strangers and being covered in chocolate syrup. I'll post pictures when they get put up, I hope they turned out okay.
One nice thing is that I got the gig because the woman who runs the show didn't have any girls 'petite' enough to fit in the shirt. I know what you're thinking, "Adrian, petite? ha!" but it's only in comparison to some of the other women around here. Maybe all the thin pretty girls don't want to take their clothes off. I don't know.
Leading up to the modeling gig I did well: grapefruit for breakfast, salad for lunch. But after drinking and modeling I had the ultimate sin:
Bacon cheeseburger and sweet potato fries. With a beer. Oh yes. you read that correctly. The way I'm about to rationalize it is fucked up, but here goes: I went to burgers with Oscar and Tony because we agreed not to go out for the night to the big campus party. That means at least 4 or 5 drinks I didn't have followed by a minimum 300 calorie late night binge. In this sense, I did pretty well because I chose a big dinner over partying. Blech, even I can't take myself seriously writing this shit. I failed.
the day before wasn't much better. I had egg whites for breakfast with a cup of pineapple, a side salad and cup of veggie soup for lunch, and a small portion of butternut squash risotto for dinner. Then I had too much to drink (four beers two vodkas) and ended up eating half a taquito, a peanut butter cup, a milano cookie, and some pretzels. And not getting my homework done. I'm seriously turning into a drunk bingey mess. Control. control. I will have it. I didn't have beer from saturday night until thursday night this week. That at least is huuuge improvement.
Okay enough whining, I'm going for a run and then doing my homework. Eating reasonably tonight. Going grocery shopping.

omg sweet potato fries....that drawing night sounds fun! we have something like that in chicago too :)
ReplyDeleteit is hard being torn between losing weight the healthy way and knowing you can go the other route and get results almost instantly. MMMmmm I fight this battle too and I try and tell myself ok, you FEEL better when you do things the healthy way, lets just try it for another day. I dunno one day at a time I guess.
ReplyDeleteThe pin up themed drawing night sounds like so much fun. I love the pin-up look! I don't know if you read Skeleton Strong's blog but awhile back she had cool pin up photos done and she posted them.
~ H
I had a burger and sweet potato fries last night as well. Honestly, sometimes you just need a f**king hamburger. :D
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to see the pics from your modeling! I bet you looked fabulous.
xoxo
Despite having those bad days, you can easilly turn those around, start again, and get back on track. That's so neat you do modeling! You're lucky to be so photogenic and poised! I would love to see the pics! A burger over a party is actually pretty good- considering you probably would've had more calories than what was in that burger in alcohol. I hate how our days start so well with great intentions then end so badly. You can have control, and you will get it!
ReplyDelete♥