Sunday, March 6, 2011

sunday crackdown

I have a ridiculous amount of work to do today. I will be spending my entire day in coffee shops and the library. I have my last meeting before 'Spring Break' (if I get a spring break) tomorrow night, so I have to get my chapter to my committee today. ha!

As to Spring break, one of my best friends (Victor) from back in Seattle who goes to school in Maryland wants to meet up with me in NYC so I guess that's where I'll be next weekend. Traditionally Oscar and I have spent spring break in NYC at some point having ridiculous jaccuzzi-mimosa parties, so hopefully we can get that set up. Last time Oscar saw Victor they slept together, so we'll see if that happens too. But Victor is the kind of depressed hedonistic, alcoholic intellectual fag I adore. He, Oscar, and I make quite a pretentious and sloppy threesome. So it should be a blast!

Yesterday Oscar and I jogged to the grocery store (about a mile?) and picked up a ton of food, including some canned soup, green beans, spinach, lettuce, (I'm starting to slobber over here) kale, and lamb chops for dinner tonight. Then we walked (too many groceries to jog) to the far away bakery that we love and picked up a loaf of bread some wine and champagne, then we walked home (about 2 miles?) so it was a nice little walk and we got to spend some time alone together. 

Then we cleaned the house with tony (riveting, I'm sure) and I ate a half cup of pineapple with a handful of raw almonds. I've been trying to go lower carb, higher fat/protein to keep me full. Then I found out there was a potluck that the roommates wanted to go to, so I made a peach-apple cobbler for them (ha! I hardly ate any of it, just a few bites of apple). Since it was a big hippie affair, I managed to do pretty well on the eating: some roast sweet potatoes, some cabbage/carrot dish with quinoa, some roast duck, some homemade bread. I was really just tasting most of the spread. Opted for wine and champagne instead of beer like a good girl until it ran out. I ended up drinking Two beers, one at the party and one at the bar afterwards. We went to the bar where you can smoke indoors and played a few rounds of pool. I love playing with dude-bro strangers, because I totally play up the girly thing and then kick some ass. I won two games, lost one. 

Then Oscar and I took the long, long bus ride back home. A girl whose shirt had fallen down to her nipples got up at one point and vomited off the side of the bus. A boy with a 30-rack was loudly explaining that he 'liked' a girl but wasn't 'in like' with her, and that he didn't know if they were ready for facebook friending yet. Sometimes I'm really glad I don't actually engage in the college scene around here. 

I had a long discussion with Oscar about weight loss though, he was super supportive. Which feels good and bad. He said he didn't think I needed to lose weight, but if I want to get in shape he supports me, as long as I'm doing it to feel good about myself and not just because I'm bored and lifeless. He really hates the idea of people on treadmills in gyms: he calls them soulless and I can see that. There's something really depressing about the housewife burning endless calories staring into a screen, plugged into an ipod. But there's also something wonderful in that abandon. In just giving over.

Speaking of working out, in addition to jogging I also did a 40 minute workout with Tony- abs, cardio, and upper body. So that means that the week in total wasn't a loss.

high points:

got some sort of good exercise monday, tuesday, wednesday, saturday, and hopefully today. that's 5 days, not bad. 

stayed away from beer more than usual. Overall beers this week: 10. That's roughly 1500 calories in beer. Still, considering I was at 5 a night for a long time, I'm doing better

smoked only 3 packs of cigarettes. Down from a pack a day again!

low points:

binged on rotten food

ate the bacon cheeseburger

still drank too much

Okay sorry for the huge post. Last thing to report is food today: two cups of espresso, two eggwhites scrambled with spinach and garlic, and one slice of bacon. roughly 70 calories. yummers

No comments:

Post a Comment