Tuesday, June 28, 2011

no love for the chubbs in this adorable article.

yesterday was well, not at all perfect. I'd like to say today will be better, but man I really need a pep talk or a healthy buddy or something. It is really hard that my social life is linked in to all of these unhealthy habits.  I feel a little trapped, and I know I can't blame my shortcomings on the people around me, but I also know that when I'm spending time with people who don't drink or smoke, then I'm less likely to drink and smoke as well! The problem is, I don't know anyone like that right now except my sister. So maybe I'll try to have a night in with my sister?

Yesterday I ate a small slice of salami and four almonds for breakfast, then ran 4.2 miles, did my abs workout, finished 6 pull-ups (!) in a row, (did just 10 total). Then I had a little fruit salad (mango, grapes blueberries, strawberries, and apple) and some walnuts for a snack, and had an okay portion of dinner (pork roast, fresh peas, and two glasses of red wine). If I had stopped there, the day would have been perfect. I would have been netted at 718, I would have had no cigarettes and no beer and no late night eating.

HAH. I went out and drank three quarters of a bottle of white wine and had a bush light. Had probably 5 cigs, ate a piece of chocolate, then came home and ate some artichoke hearts with goat cheese (wtf drunken self, that was your binge of choice?) So I ended up netting 211 over my absolute highest goal, so I'd like to work that off as extra today.

It's funny how if I hadn't taken the time to go through and count all that up, I probably would have thought I was much more over my daily limit, and might have gotten totally demotivated for the week. It's so important to count, even when I'm trying to eat healthy amounts, I've got to remember that.

anyways, I'm going to go get started on my day I guess. No news from the job people, I guess I probably  didn't get it :( but there's a listing today for a shipwright's assistant to maybe I'll go run off and become a pirate/wench.

Mich and A.beautiful.mess thank you both for your comments. The rules didn't sound so bad in the light of day but as soon as I made the decision to leave the house in the evening, BAM. I guess I need to pretend to be a wuss and just say 'oh no, I got too drunk last night and felt awful today'. Actually, I'm sure I am going to feel last night's shenanigans when I hop on the treadmill today. Maybe it's a day to swim some. 


Day Fifteen- Are you vegan or vegetarian? If so, has this helped you lose weight? If not, would you ever consider turning vegan or vegetarian?


Actually, I'm just about the opposite. I've worked in slaughter operations for the last four years and grew up in a bow hunting family. I helped skin my first deer at age 4. That said, I've seen first hand the difference between a small farming operation and a factory farm in an animal's life and death, and it is drastic. I would like to eat only ethical meat, and have been trying to switch over to that for about a week now. It's a rough transition and sometimes I mess up, but generally I've been doing well on it. It means less meat, choosing fish rather than land-animals often, and buying more expensive free range local foods. The problem is being dependent on my parents and not wanting to be rude. I've never tried to be vegetarian, but I realized that part of that might be the rudeness thing. I rarely tell someone I won't eat what they've cooked/offered me, I just pick at it, compliment it, and leave it on the plate. I somehow can't bare to tell people that they've made food for me and I'm being stuck up about it. So yeah, I'm doing better on the meat thing, but I need to get more serious about it and just make more side dishes so I can avoid the ones with meat. Tonight we're having sushi (home made) so it should be easier!


lovins'


Adrian


p.s. steam punk thinspo? don't question, I'm just feeling nerdy. I may play a little dress-ups when I get home from the gym. 








3 comments:

  1. I absolutely adore the pictures today! Especially the third one- I would wear period clothing like that if I had them- and the corsets!!! Yes, I'm a nerd too so s'all good!

    Having friends with habits you're trying to get away from presents with a difficult situation. You can't just not hang out with them because they are your friends, but maybe lessening your time with them would be beneficial to you in some ways.

    10 pull-ups is a great accomplishment to me! I can't even do one so I say you're pretty strong! I hope your week goes well for you ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pics!

    Homemade sushi sounds wonderful!

    ~MLM

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also suffer and eat and drink more when I'm around people who drink and eat excessively. ANd sometimes I do well and avoid it and sometimes it's that you can't avoid it.

    so don't beat yourself up, being social has it's shortcomings but you can't avoid. All you can do is work hard when you can :)

    Homemade sushi sounds divine :D

    and pull ups are a bitch to do so 10 is impressive

    stay strong :)
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete