Looked up marathons today:
November 27 Seattle, $100 for a whole marathon, $80 for the half marathon.
November 6 San Francisco, $70 for the U.S. haf marathon.
oh ho ho. I think I just might. Maybe the registration fees could be my rewards to myself for other fitness/weight loss goals. And think about it, if I ran the Seattle marathon, I'd have a great excuse to eat light on Thanksgiving and a great way to burn that nom-fest off. If I move to San Francisco, I will register for that half marathon. Also, I'd like to try a triathlon. I know, I know, I'm just being giddy and excited about my new interest, and it's all pie-in-the-sky stuff, but can you blame me? This stuff is COOL. I wonder if I could get my friend Ben to do triathlon with me. He's a cross country runner whom I could never compete with, but he sucks at swimming (I was a lifeguard) so maaaaaybe.
Speaking of running, say hello to my new running tracker on the side, sweet!
and what's more, today is a good day because I woke up and *gasp* liked where my stomach is headed.
the abs aren't there yet, but god damn-it I will get them. They're sore as hell at least.
Today is a bad day too though, because for the first time all week, I just plain went over my calorie limit. It wasn't a binge exactly. I just finished dinner at 19 calories under and thought, 'I want some strawberries and nuts' so I ate them. Probably 400 calories worth. Not really, but ya know. My excuses are minimal, except that I ran stairs for 15 minutes afterwards and I spent all day doing consistent work sanding, painting, and moving furniture, none of which went into my calorie count. I don't really feel too terrible about it, which is weird because normally that kind of thing would ruin my day. Maybe this is the 'intuitive eating' I hear so much about.
other than that, I ran my three miles this morning. at 1.5 miles I knelt down to tie my shoe, and when I stood back up I was pretty dizzy, so that's a bit concerning. I also applied for a job today doing wilderness restoration and 10 day wilderness hikes with youth. It sounds pretty amazing (active, meaningful, educational, outdoorsy) and is fairly short term, so here's hoping I get it!
Well, I guess I'll try to keep it short tonight. I'm pretty exhausted and for once, I'm feeling pretty fulfilled (and, you know, full and filled). I think the secret is that even after my cheating dessert, I found the scale in my grandma's bathroom, and hopped on it in jeans and a t-shirt. I was down 2.5 lbs even with clothes on and a full stomach. Who knows how that will compare with my home scale, but for now, I'm ecstatic.
Love,
Adrian








you're stomach looks amazing!!! awesome job, hun! :)
ReplyDelete