Well my period finally came! I'm actually so happy about it, because I was about two weeks late and starting to feel really PMS-y, I haven't lost that much weight so I couldn't understand it, but it's just this big release...plus, hopefully I'll be less bloated now.
Last night was the big birthday party...it went SO well. The cops ended up breaking it up, but I think that's a marker of a good bash. It was fancy-cat themed if you recall, I set up a projector to loop youtube cat videos in the dance room, had a great DJ play all night (for my present, he made me a special 'meow mix' of top forties mixed with a cat song) and set up two rooms of hang out space. I also had a makeup station set up so people could get their cat faces on, and put out my favorite version of a 'full bar': I buy nice nips of different liquors and then put mixers out, people can make their own drinks and they get cute glass bottle souvenirs. There was also champagne and punch of course. For food, I made little 'tuna melts' with slices of bagette, tuna with onions, and cheddar cheese baked in the oven. I also picked up 10 McDonald's cheeseburgers (I can haz cheezeburger?) cut into 1/4s with frilly toothpicks...it cost like $12 and made 40 appetizers. Also cupcakes, and bleu cheese with endives and radicchio, and chocolate cat tongues. Lastly, I put out a couple cans of Fancy Feast just to see if anyone would eat them, no go. But it was a fun gag.
I got some great photos, I'll put them up later. I was right, someone did buy me coke for my birthday, so I didn't end up eating much myself, but I did have quiiite a lot to drink. At the end of the night, Tony, Oscar, and I pushed our three couches into the dance room and watched movies on the projector and had a sleepover, it was perfect. I seriously adore throwing parties, but like I said, since the cops come every time I can't throw more than two or three a year at this apartment.
In other news, eating has been all over the place. Today I've been pretty hang-over binge-y, you really DON'T want to hear what I've had so far, but the exercise has been going really well, so let's focus on that. Oscar actually agreed to go spinning with me on friday, then I did the elliptical for 20 minutes, then we went for a 20 minute swim. Yesterday my only exercise was running around town getting ready for the party then dancing my ass off.
oh quick question, does anyone know what 'party favors' might be slang for? At about 3:30 last night, this really cool guy (another DJ who I just met a few weeks ago) who had been at the party in full BDSM lion costume, texted me asking if Oscar and I do *party favors* (the party was over at this time) I assume it has to do with sex or drugs, but I'm not sure which?
So yeah, I guess that's all the news here. The weekend was a total wreck as far as dieting goes, but I'm going to be back on track tomorrow. Valentine's day will be here, and I was so worried that I'd be alone. Oscar is in a fight with his boyfriend, they're taking a week-long break from each other, and so he said he'd like to go out with me. I think I'll do it, if it doesn't make me feel like a back-up plan. I remember last year he and I were driving home from NYC on Valentine's day and we both had forgotten about it. Then we stopped in New Haven, CT and had this wonderful dinner at a concept sushi place with chili infused sake. I'd like to spend another V-day with him, in the past I've had some bad ones when I'm alone:
three years ago, I drank a box of wine (yep, BOX) and did a bunch of coke and methadone. Ended up cuddling with this girl while we watched two other ladies go at it on the floor next to us, and vomiting copiously in the morning.
two years ago, I ended up meeting my ex and her new girlfriend at a party. I made out with the ex in the bathroom, then got in a fight outside and ended up getting a concussion from getting hit in the head/falling on the ice.
So yeah, Oscar has been good for me. I think I will go out to dinner with him, but that means exercise in the morning and not eating until dinner...
...oh shit writing that out just reminded me that I agreed to have drinks with someone tomorrow night. That someone is the same ex who I made out with on v-day two years ago. Fuck. I really did not realize what day it was when I made those plans. What should I do?
In a daze,
Adrian
You are the first person I've seen to be happy about starting their period! I wish I never had mine honestly! Haha, a party's not a party unless the cops show up! Your party sounded like it was loads of fun. Maybe you should spend the day with your ex and then the evening with Oscar, because apparently being alone on V-day ends badly for you (concussions & copious vomiting and all).
ReplyDelete♥