Wednesday, February 9, 2011

good morning!



I woke up this morning fully focused on that quote I see on so many of your blogs,

"You've got to get up every morning with determination if you're going to go to bed with satisfaction"


I believe that completely. So this morning I walked to pick up my car and then drove Brian to go pick up his car which got towed last night. Then I dutifully went to the grocery store (I think I grocery shop more than anyone I know, it's just so nice to go around and look at all the food) and bought the boys their things- golden grahams, tempeh, pita bread, cheddar, butter, etc. I also got myself a couple cans of low-cal progresso soup (80 and 90 cals a serving), a box of egg whites so I stop collecting un-used yolks, and some plain yogurt cups.

But when I got home, that quote as still in my head, so I went for a 15 minute jog instead of breakfast. Now I'm having a big cup of coffee and then I think I might work out at home a bit and hang out at that new coffee shop downstairs and get some work done.

Last night went pretty well. Between cardio at the gym and burlesque, I burned 826, ended up eating 993, so net 167. Of that 993 I'm sad to say, 537 was in alcohol. Fuckin' A. It's just hard to practice taking off your clothes in front of people without a couple glasses of wine. But we got the first 24 counts or so of the group routine choreographed. We're dancing to "all that jazz" from Chicago as our full choral number, and then each of us has an individual routine (I have two because I'm working with Beast on her's) and then I'll be go-going the other bands as well. Whew! So I've got to practice the group piece and work on my own, because I might be practicing with Jen, the woman who's running it, tonight, and for sure next tuesday. Yay scheduled exercise that's not solely contingent on me loving/hating myself!

As to solid food, I had the banana chips and was doing well until I felt the crrazzziest urge to binge around 8:00, but I saved it. I had 1/2 of a rice cake (30 cals) and just asked myself over and over what I wanted more, to be thin or to keep eating. Thin won!

Lastly I wanted to share last night's dinner because it was pretty damn tasty, and I just kind of made it up as I went along:

Spicy stuffed eggplant



1 eggplant
1 green pepper
1 onion
1 portobello mushroom
2 cloves garlic
1 chicken breast
toasted sesame oil
soy sauce
white wine

slice an eggplant down the middle, scoop out the innards on each side, and chop up what you scooped out. Put it in a bowl with a little salt, and put a little soy sauce in each of the eggplant shells. In a large frying pan, heat up a little toasted sesame oil and add in chopped onion and chopped green pepper. When the onion is clear, add in one diced chicken breast and brown it. Then add the egg plant innards and one chopped portobello mushroom. Deglaze with a quarter cup of white wine. Add soy sauce, cayenne, a little cumin, fresh garlic, and a healthy amount of fresh ginger. Cook until the eggplant gets soft. Add this filling back into the eggplant shells and back in oven on 350 for 15 minutes, basting with a little more white wine halfway through. Serve with quinoa.

It hit the spot for me so hard that I actually went back for seconds after burlesque practice :(. But all in all I think it's pretty low calorie, especially if you leave out the quinoa, but also quinoa is a complete protein by itself!

Alright, I've probably bored everyone enough. Oh I almost forgot! At burlesque practice, three glasses of wine in, I fell on my face. Literally. I was bent backwards over a chair when my heel got stuck and the chair came down on top of me and I landed with my neck bent backwards, forehead grinding into carpet. This morning my face was not cute. I'm wearing a beanie to hide it:



please ignore awful hat hair. 
So that's all for now folks, I'll talk to you very soon though I'm sure :D Stay strong, stay determined. Sometimes, I start to think to myself that I deserve thin more because I have focus, because I'm out jogging while my friends are asleep. But I have to prove that focus to myself every single day because I promise, it's not showing up on my body quite yet! Ah well. 
Much love,

Adrian

No comments:

Post a Comment