Friday, February 18, 2011
people are strange, when you're a stranger
The last 24 hours has felt very weird. I'm up at one of the college libraries right now, about to make the final push on whatever chapter material I'm turning in tonight. The plan is to work from 4:00-12:00, turn my shit in, and then head down to one of the local bars for our neighbor's birthday party. I really, really hate this neighbor. He's the most annoying, boring, queeny older gay man I've met in a long time. He comes over to our apartment when he gets off work around 2:00 or 3:00 in the morning and always wants to tell us the same stories about how great/awful things were when he was younger. Being gay was so much harder, but he was a fabulous drag queen blah blah blah. Well now he's fat and he runs a restaurant. Get over it.
But I'm obligated to go to his party. He also left us a $50 bag of coke that we're supposed to pay for later today, I have no idea when that's going to happen, I didn't ask for it and I don't have time to pay between now and the party.
ANNNYWAYS enough complaining. yesterday went well until the night time, I had a handful of nuts and a serving of banana chips for brunch, and in the evening I made tamales in swiss chard wrappers...yum! had a little roasted sweet potato on the side and a small bowl of lettuce (yes, the lettuce was Dorian's attempt at a salad. he didn't put anything else in it, not even dressing. *sigh* boys.) Then I worked on my paper for a couple hours and hit the club where Dorian was DJing a reggae night. My new friend, the DJ Ronnie was there, being a little too precocious. Like, he's really cool, but I get a bad vibe when you meet someone you click with and immediately they have all the time in the world to hang out. He's probably just excited, but I feel you should have a few other priorities, right? But he IS a party planner in NYC so he wants to take us down there and party, which would be fun. Well after dancing my ass off (and getting drunk, I admit it) we went to a diner where I split some fries with Oscar. Then Ronnie started grinding up on me outside and I got kind of uncomfortable so I said goodnight and came home to The Neighbor being his usual self. I ended up eating a cup of cereal and an English muffin for my late night binge and passing out with Oscar.
Yeah, kind of boring, but all very strange. Now off to do homework! I brought a grapefruit with me for when I get hungry, so far I've only had a cup of back coffee today and it's 4:20! Oh and I did an abs workout this morning when I woke up.
I wanted to say good luck to everyone, but make your own luck! take charge!
love,
Adrian
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment